07 July 2016

Obsession - A 100 Word Story

Hi all, Today's post is short story I wrote for another flash fiction contest (http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.com/2016/07/the-alot-of-books-writing-contest.html). It wound up significantly less than 100 words, but I got a mention for "great start for a novel." I hadn't thought of it that way. Honestly, I'm a little afraid if I was to try to write in that genre, my villians would be a bit one-dimensional (evil for the sake of evil). Enough lolly-gagging; here's the story: Some people say that I’m obsessed. I prefer the word focused. Or fixated. Do it 100 times, then 100 more. I flash a devilish grin as I kick off my slippers. A girly, ribboned pair that I special order in bulk. Sometimes pink; sometimes purple. But basically the same pair. So far, none of the crime scene techs has noticed.

0 comments:

Post a Comment