10 May 2016

The Wheelbarrow of Snotty Tissues

Today's post is another 100 word story I wrote for Janet Reid's flash fiction contest this past weekend. (http://jetreidliterary.blogspot.com/2016/05/may-we-have-writing-contest.html) I didn't like this post as much as last week's but I did get an honorable mention for best first line(s)!

                                              -----------------   


My best friend shot me today. I guess maybe I can’t blame him. Thankfully, he was quick about it. None of that emotional nonsense he usually carts along with his wheelbarrow of tears and snotty tissues.

I replay our brief conversation:

“Go ahead, if you’re so tough then,” I taunted.

“I should,” he bellowed. “You ratted me out to the cops!”

“Oh, boo-hoo. Now, you have to do some community ---“

He’s too ignorant to know I did it to keep him out of the cemetery. That gang he was flirting with don’t much care for cry-babies.

5 comments:

Michael said...

Nicely done!

abnormalalien said...

Thanks! :)

abnormalalien said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Beth Carpenter said...

What a great first line.

abnormalalien said...

Thanks; I've always been intrigued by the idea of fallout between best friends.

Post a Comment